14 de January de 2019 In Newsletter - Eng
Igarapé in Numbers
Cpeace – A new app to connect influencers in the theme of conflict prevention.
- A Strategy for Cybersecurity Governance in Brazil, by Louise Marie Hurel and Luisa Cruz Lobato;
- Existe um Direito à Explicação na Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados no Brasil?, by Renato Leite Monteiro;
- The Handbook of Conflict Prevention. Order: Norms, Role Expectations, and Leadership, by Adriana Abdenur;
- Game Changers, by Robert Muggah;
- Reducing Urban Violence, preface by Robert Muggah
12 Events, including:
- Adriana Abdenur presented the results of the Peace Ops Network, in New York.
- Ilona Szabó was awarded with the Public Security Order of Merit Medal in Brasilia.
- Adriana Abdenur launched the CPeace app at the Doha Forum, Qatar.
9 Opinion Articles, such as:
- Is Kabila Using Ethnic Violence to Delay Elections?, by Robert Muggah in Foreign Policy;
- Europe Faces a “Welcoming Crisis” When it Comes to Migrants and Refugees. It’s not Fair, by Robert Muggah for Open Democracy;
- Aumento da violencia na America Latina estimula fluxos migratorios, by Robert Muggah and Maiara Folly for o Globo; and
- How Brazil Can Do Better for Venezuela’s Refugees, by Robert Muggah and Maiara Folly for Americas Quarterly
124 mentions in the media, including:
- The Northern Triangle is Becoming Less Murderous (Economist);
- In Latin America, Awash in Crime, Citizens Impose Their Own Brutal Justice (Wall Street Journal);
- New Leader Wants to Ease Gun Laws. Supporters Are Ready, and Training (New York Times); and
- Podcast Mapping Africa’s Megacities (BBC).